To provide financing assistance to eligible Malaysian SMEs whereby the Government of Malaysia has agreed to pay 2% (percentage point) of the profit rate charged on the financing provided by Participating Financial Institutions.
Application can be made directly with participating Islamic Banks 14.
- At least 60% Malaysian owned SME: AND
- Comply to one or more of the following at the point of application:
- SME rated with at least 2 stars under SCORE
- Microenterprise (ME) rated with at least Level 1 under MCORE
- Certified under 1
- Certified under National Mark of Malaysian Brand
- Accorded the MSC status by MDeC
- Accorded the Bio
- Nexus status by Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation
- Certified under the Green Tech Cert under Malaysian Green Technology Corporation
- TeraS selected SMEs under TERAJU
- For SMEs that do not comply with the above (a-h) but have been granted financing approval, they must apply for SCORE/MCORE within 2 months from financing approval date in order to be eligible. If found eligible, the profit rebate portion that was paid (2% p.a.) will be reimbursed under the scheme from the date of disbursement by Participating Financial Institutions.
- SMEs must sign declaration with the Participating Financial Institutions upon application, stating fulfilment of the above eligibility criteria and to allow disclosure of information on the financing facility by the Participating Financial Institutions to SME Corp. Malaysia (as the implementing agency) and Ministry of Finance.
- Existing SMEs that comply with the eligibility criteria and currently having Syariah-compliant facilities (performing) approved in 2016 & 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Those financing facilities that currently enjoy profit rebate under other schemes (e.g. Green Tech Financing Scheme) are not eligible under SSFS. However, SMEs may apply under SSFS and enjoy the 2% rebate for the remaining financing amount (subject to a maximum of RM5 million) for the amount not eligible under those other schemes provided the borrower complies with the eligibility criteria under this SSFS.
- SMEs that enjoy profit rebate or where the profit rate is below market rate under other Government-sponsored (including Bank Negara Malaysia) funds or schemes will not be eligible under SSFS, whether current or future. Examples are SME financing schemes under MIDF, SME Bank and Green Technology Financing Scheme.