As a country that aspires to become a developed country, Malaysia needs to foster a culture of research. For this a special fund is required. Fundamental research can encourage basic research to generate knowledge capable of contributing to the increase of intellectual level, creation new technologies and dynamic cultural nurturing in line with national aspirations.
This grant is open to RRU academic staff with the following general conditions
- Permanent status academic staff, PhD degree with grade DS45 or equivalent and above
- Have experience as an academic member not exceeding five (5) years
- Has never received any national or international grant as a Principal Investigator
- Each applicant is allowed to submit only one project application
- Academic staff on study leave are not allowed ; and
- Mentors appointed must be experienced academic staff from their respective universities or other universities.