The Business Expansion Fund (BEF) was introduced to assist Bumiputera technology based business entities to expand their operations locally and internationally. The fund offers a combination of equity and loan-based financing.
Applicants can mail in their application or manual submit it at MTDC’s Reception Desk during office hours.. Download application form as per link: https://www.mtdc.com.my/apply-bef/
- The company is incorporated under the Companies Act 1965
- Direct shareholdings of at least 60% Bumiputera individual(s) and not more than 30% corporate shareholders; or indirect shareholdings of at least 51% effective Bumiputera individual shareholdings which applies up to second level shareholdings only
- The company must be at least 51% Malaysian-owned
- Must generate revenue of RM 5million (at least 1 of the last 3 audited accounts) from normal operation
- Has been in operation for at least 3 years
- Company with element of technology