Scope of Funding
- To reducing the gap of failure (valley of death) between the pre -phases commercialization to commercialization; and
- To increase the level of readiness (readiness) of the products R&D in order to penetrate the market.
Method of application through conventional methods:
- Applicants must complete the application form together supporting documents such as Appendix 3 through http://edana.mosti.gov.my within the stipulated time period.
- All applications must be reviewed and confirmed by the party authoritative in the applicant’s organization such as the Head of Department or Center Research Management. The applicant must declare that the project application submitted was never funded by any of the financiers.
- The applicant must state proof of the prototype that has been achieve at least TRL 7 (Demonstration of prototype) in the application form
- Applicants must accompany the project Business Model as in Appendix 4.
- Applications submitted will be reviewed by MOSTI for ensure the application and documents submitted are complete and meet the basic qualifications of the Fund application Bridging.
Applications through the fast track method are considered with conditions the following:
- The Final Report of the TeD 2 Project was approved by the panel;
- Achieve all TeD 2 project objectives; and
- Recommendation from the panel to proceed with the project under the fund Bridging.
Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant.
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Start-up Companies (start-ups) must comply with the conditions below to apply for the Bridging Fund:
- Open to Companies and Businesses registered with Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) while businesses in Sabah and Sarawak need to be registered with the Local Authority.
- Definition of Start-up Company (start-up): A technology- or innovation-enabled business at early stage with a scalable business model and a high-growth strategy.
- Eligibility criteria for start-up companies are as follows:
- Registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM);
- Majority ownership of Malaysians (> 50%);
- Paid-up capital of at least RM10,000.00;
- Have at least two (2) company directors;
- Technology -based businesses; and
- The operation of the company does not exceed 5 years.
- For applications from SME companies, these funds are offered on a grant basis match based on the following merits:
- If the company finances part of the funds in the form of in-kind returns (e.g. equivalent value of equipment, facilities and services) up to 50% of the total cost of the application, MOSTI will fund up to 70% of the total the cost of the project applied for; or
- If the company finances part of the funds in the form of cash back, MOSTI will fund up to 90% of the total cost of the project applied for.
- The applicant must submit the market study project.
- All categories of companies must own a minimum of 51% equity held by Malaysians.
- Agency STI refers to the agency that performs the function STI -related research and services under MOSTI.
- Applicants are encouraged to work with Government Agencies or relevant external agencies to obtain the services of a consultant registered with a related body or collaborator.
- Company directors or project team members have never been convicted for fraudulent activities or the company is declared bankrupt, or in dissolution or under receivership.
- Project Leaders who are Malaysian citizens may involve project members from international organizations or working expatriates from the same institution.
- The Project Leader is only allowed to lead one project below MOSTI approval at one time.
- Researchers working under the contract of a Government Research Institution/Government STI Agency/ Public and Private Institutions of Higher Learning (IPT)/Polytechnics/ Community Colleges shall ensure that the contract employment is still valid for the duration of the project.
- The project team should consist of qualified and competent members in the technical aspects of the entire project. Every team member must provide a clear resume (curriculum vitae) about areas of research, experience and successes that have been achieved.
- If the project member is from a different institution, a letter of permission from the head of department shall be submitted.
- Applicants are allowed to submit several applications for different projects provided the applicant has the ability from in terms of strong human and financial resources.
- The project must be implemented in Malaysia, but part of the project activities can be implemented abroad with the approval of MOSTI.
- The Project Leader must inform MOSTI if he has receive funds from other parties for the same project.
- Project applications related to security enforcement and defense (police and army) will not be funded under this scheme.