The Angel Tax Incentive is designed to bridge the early stage investment gap by encouraging qualified individual investors to invest in early stage technology start-ups in Malaysia, to boost the growth of start-ups. The Angel Tax Incentive is administered by the Angel Tax Incentive Office (ATIO), a unit under Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd (Cradle). ATIO’s role is to ensure that start-up companies in the technology space seeking investments from accredited angel investors are eligible and that investments made into these companies are genuine.
Investee companies must follow these steps for the investor to be eligible for tax incentive.
- Application form (Form ATI-2) is available HERE. Print and complete.
- Prepare the following documents:
- Accreditation letter from the Malaysian Business Angel Network (MBAN) at mban.com.my
- Company’s Bank Statement
- Financial Statement (audited & draft)
- Shareholder’s Agreement and Term Sheet
- Form 24 (latest)
- Form 32A (if necessary)
- Form 49
- Submit the form and all documents to the MBAN Secretariat at Cradle.
- Processing fee of RM800 is to be made to Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd.
- Processing will take 25 calendar days from the date of complete submission.
- Applicants will receive a letter of approval for the investment from the Ministry of Finance.