- To give recognition to the achievements and contribution rendered by scientists and technologies in the region;
- To provide scientists and technologists with incentives to reach for further success;
- To encourage scientists and technologists to publish and patent their work;
- To provide younger scientists with inspiration to reach their fullest potentials; and
- To show the general public especially the youth concrete examples of successful careers in science.
1. Any female citizen and resident of an ASEAN member state is eligible to apply for the ASEAN-US Science Prize for Women. ASEAN member states include: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
2. Candidates should have a PhD or equivalent degree.
3. Additionally, candidates should be 40 years of age or younger at the time of submission and their area of expertise should fall under this year's theme.
1. Senior Scientist and the Mid-career Scienties categories: USD 12,000
2. Runner-up finalist in each category: USD 5,000
A completed application, an uploaded CV and two letters of recommendation must be submitted no later than the dateline