The Mahathir Science Award is bestowed on any scientists, institutions or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology and to be awarded to the most deserving based on merit.
The Mahathir Science Awardee is selected by the Academy of Sciences Malaysia through an exhaustive vetting exercise. The selection of candidates is based on the candidate’s scientific breakthroughs, the originality of each candidate’s achievements, the impact of candidate’s achievements, including future impact and its significance in solving the problems of the tropics by improving the quality of life and contributing to the region’s prosperity.
Gold Medal and Certificate
A complete nomination must have the followings:
1. Nomination form
2. Recent photograph (in high-resolution, not less than 1MB)
3. Curriculum vitae
4. List of honours and awards (list only professional honours and awards which are conferred. Do not list membership of professional society which is obtained by application)
5. List of product/services commercialised
6. List of publications and patent (granted or pending)
7. Letter of referral (at least two (2) letters of referral to support the nomination)
8. Supporting document (newspaper clipping, media announcement, etc)
Please do not fax, but mail/e-mail the completed nomination form and supplemental materials, postmarked by October 31, 2018:
Mahathir Science Award Foundation c/o Academy of Sciences Malaysia
20th Floor, West Wing, MATRADE Tower,
Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah,
Off Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.