• To bestow on scientists, institutions or organizations worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems of the tropics through science and technology; to confer the award to researchers who have made internationally recognized breakthroughs in pioneering tropical research and who have contributed cutting edge tropical research that have brought impact on the well-being of society in the fields of Tropical Medicine, Tropical Agriculture, Tropical Architecture and Engineering and Tropical Natural Resources.
• To uplift the stature of the science award to be as one of the prominent international science award, and to oversee the selection process for such a science award.
• To encourage excellence in tropical science research that will accord direct benefits to countries in the tropics and the global community; to contribute towards scientific tropical research that will benefit mankind, promote international exchange programmes, sharing of knowledge, and other business development through scientific activities in connection with the foregoing objectives.
This award bestowed on any scientists, institution or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology and to be awarded to the most deserving based on merit. The selection of candidates is based on the originality of each candidate’s achievements, the impact of candidate’s achievements, including future impact and its significance in solving the problems of the tropics by improving the quality of life and contributing to the region’s prosperity.
• Significant research & studies contributing to new knowledge in solving problems in tropics
• Demonstrable evidence of significant socio and societal impact
• Contribution to policy and governance leading to sustainable improvement to quality of life
• National, regional and international recognition (to consider whether same work nominated
has been previously awarded)
• H-index or equivalent
Every MSA laureate receives USD 100,000.00, a gold medallion, and a certificate.
The merits of the nominee will be assessed based on the materials which are being provided by the nominator and responses to the questions in the nomination form. It is essential that the nominator attaches to the form all background information about the nominee and evidence of contribution that merits consideration for this award. A complete nomination form must consist of:
• Recent photograph (in high-resolution, not less than 1MB)
• Curriculum vitae
• List of honours and awards
• List of product/services commercialised
• List of publications and patent (granted and pending)
• Letter of referral (at least two (2) letters of referral to support the nomination)
• Supporting document (newspaper clipping, media announcement, etc)
SELF NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.